Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dear blog,

Sorry that I have deserted you for such a long time. You may have been far from my fingers, but not far from my heart. Things have been crazy. Its not an excuse, but it still is a fact. I have moved now to the city of Rochester, and I'm working with the Spanish population. I'm back with a pervious companion, Elder Henricksen.

We have had many adventures already. Walking in rain storms, talking with drunk people, fighting off dogs, and watching drug deals. They are all far more entertaining in Spanish. This is the life.

Life works in a funny way. When things are the hardest and the most down heartening is when you see the blessings of God the best. As it says in Isaiah, "I form the light, and create the darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (45:7) In order to have have light, we must have darkness. To have peace, there must be evil. In order to have good times, you must have bad. And I have a good life.

Sincerely yours,

Elder Westley

1 comment:

  1. Im sorry that its tough in rochester. i hate it up there haha... thats a good quote i like it. it makes since. i never though my life would get better but it seems like it has. I'll just keep my head up and let nothing bring me down!

    ReplyDelete